Bostitch Finish nailer Model N60FN

Old 10-06-13, 04:52 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bostitch Finish nailer Model N60FN

I have air leaking around the trigger, I took the gun apart and inspected it but I can not see any worn parts I'm asking if it needs a trigger kit to solve my problem or is there things I can check! Any help in this matter will be appreciated!

Old 10-06-13, 04:59 PM
Group Moderator
Received 773 Votes on 714 Posts
If you remove the pin that holds the trigger, remove it, then hold your finger over the push rod and feel whether or not air is coming past the trigger push rod. If it is, you can be sure that a trigger valve kit will take care of the problem. These are quite inexpensive and easy to replace. Ebay has lots of them, if you want to save a few bucks. You can take yours out, and inspect it if you want to be sure. It takes about 5 minutes. Perhaps there is just some dirt in it. You could take it out, clean it, put it back in and see if it helps. If not, just get a new one.

Old 10-06-13, 06:12 PM
T
I had already taken the trigger out and tried some o-rings I had that were about the same thing but it did not help, so you are saying take it out and hold down the push rod on the trigger and see if air is passing by, like blow on the other end of it.

Old 10-06-13, 06:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Are you oiling this gun before each use? 3 drops or so? I had one do that that my guys forgot it wasn't a Senco, and failed to oil it. I put about 5 drops of oil and ran a few nails through it and it seemed to cure the problem, thankfully. I don't like down time.

Old 10-06-13, 06:31 PM
Group Moderator
Received 773 Votes on 714 Posts
No, I am saying that if you remove the trigger itself, but leave the trigger kit installed in the gun, you will be able to operate the push rod manually and feel if air is coming past the push rod or not, and where. (gun connected to air, obviously) Sometimes the plastic around the push rod will get brittle and crack, allowing air to pass by constantly. That's what I've dealt with on my Bostich guns... a crack on one SIDE of the push rod... and I could feel that with my finger once I felt exactly where the air was leaking. Other times it might be the o-rings, or a piece of crud in the gun body causing the o-ring not to seal properly, and in that case, it would probably be coming around the entire perimeter of the push rod. Replacing o-rings blindly will probably not help, as the exact size is critical. As like I mentioned, if the plastic body has a crack, the o-rings aren't the problem.

I'm confident that if you replace the kit, it will be problem solved.

Old 10-06-13, 06:39 PM
T
I can't get the gun to shot a nail as of now just leaking air by the trigger, it doesn't seem to be a bad leak but it must be for the gun wont function, all the internal parts were oiled and greased up when I took it apart to inspect it, gun is oiled before each use.

Old 10-06-13, 06:43 PM
T
I see what you are saying about the trigger, I will try that and see what I come up with, thanks XSleeper, I will look on EBay for a kit

Old 10-06-13, 07:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Agree, if it won't shoot, oiling it more won't help. You may indeed need a kit. If you are in rural Mississippi, your local hardware store may carry the kits. Many of them do here.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: