Bench Top grinder vibration

Old 11-30-13, 08:41 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bench Top grinder vibration

I just changed the wheel on my Mastercrap bench top grinder.

Mastercraft Wet & Dry Grinder | Canadian Tire

Surprisingly that thing had next to no vibration before I change the 6 x " grinding wheel But since I've installed the new one a Task wheel (from China I guess) the whole vibrate so much that if I would let it go it would do a full 360. Right now it's on a stand I could but it on my workbench but everything would be flying off the workbench. What can I do to align the wheel? or wheel?

Last edited by audiotek; 11-30-13 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-30-13, 09:24 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If it's the right size wheel and the arbor hole is the correct size not much you can do about it except get another wheel.

Old 11-30-13, 09:49 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,342 Votes on 1,240 Posts
Sometimes on those import wheels the center hole is slightly large which allows the wheel to spin off center with a lot of vibration.

Old 11-30-13, 10:01 PM
A
So maybe I should buy the exact same type of wheel that was on before!!!! Another thing I've notices I was able to move one wheel by moving the other one by hand but not anymore. When I move the wheel on the right the back wheel doesn't budge

Old 11-30-13, 10:05 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,342 Votes on 1,240 Posts
Definitely try a different brand of wheel. You should be able to return the one that is unsatisfactory.

Old 11-30-13, 10:07 PM
A
There's seems to to be so many videos on youtube I would have to go through them here's the one I'm watching.

There must be a lesson in here somewhere! Part 1 - YouTube

Old 12-07-13, 11:18 AM
A
Here's an update on the situation. I bought the original wheel that came with the grinder and same thing again. The difference is the original wheel doesn't have those cheezy plastic bushings. The wheels you buy separate comes with those bushings and that's where the issue comes from there's 3 bushing inserted in each other and they slide and cause the wheel to go haywire.

Here's my options

Finding a wheel that doesn't use bushings (probably will have to order online I haven't seen any yet in stores)

Try to dress the wheel with a dressing tool

Get a new better grinder that is known to be stable with new wheels

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: