Looking to replace a ratchet handle tube cutter

Old 03-06-01, 07:54 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Several years ago my husband bought a ratchet handle tube cutter which now needs either replacing or new blades. Problem is he is unable to locate one. He has tried several sites on the web but still can't find it. Does anyone have any ideas as to where or who handles them? Thanks for any and all help.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-01, 09:38 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Who manufactures it? Ridgid? If so, they offer EXCELLENT product support.

They were able to identify some wrenches I bought an estate sale that are from 1952. Wow !

Try seeing if the company is still in business.

Also, try your local Tool Rental Shop or local equipment dealer. Many have accessory catalogs and can order parts and blades for just about anything.

Good luck.

Old 03-07-01, 04:29 PM
Visiting Guest
Smile

Thanks for your suggestions, Joe. There is no name on the tool, I think my husband said it only has a "Made in Canada" mark on it. I'll keep pursueing and will try as you suggested, Ridgid. Thanks again!

Old 03-07-01, 05:20 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Doubt it's a Ridgid. They are located in Ohio and manufacture here. Could be a sister company.

Worth a shot to contact them. They were quite helpful. You'll get an e-mail from "Technical Services". They are a good bunch of folks. I have found that many of the better companies support their web inquiries as well as their regular business.