Bosch framing nailer collation question

Old 07-12-14, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bosch framing nailer collation question

Hello, I am in the process of finishing my basement and am going to begin my framing. I'm looking into buying a framing nailer. I have used a brad nailer and finish nailer before so I'm comfortable with compressors and pneumatics but have not used a framing nailer. Right now our menards has what seems to be a great deal on the bosch sn350-20f nailer.

The manual says this nailer is 20 degrees. I'm having a hard time finding a selection of 20 degree nails. There are a ton of 21 degree nails at every store around here. I have heard that some nailers will accept nails that are 20-22 degrees. So my question is this; can I use 21 degree nails with this gun or does it have to be specifically 20 degree nails? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-14, 05:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forums! From what I have read it is a 21 degree nailer, so you should be good on the availability of nails.

Old 07-12-14, 05:52 PM
Group Moderator
Received 216 Votes on 201 Posts
20-22 nailers have a longer, straighter magazine, which doesn't make them very maneuverable when going in and out of studs or when working in tight quarters. But it's hard to pass up a good deal.

Old 07-12-14, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the response. The lowes website says the collation angle is 21 degrees, but I downloaded the users manual and that says the collation angle is 20 degrees. I guess I just don't want to buy it and have it constantly jam because the nails are off by one degree. Does anybody else have experience with this?

Will I have a problem getting a 21 degree nailer in between 16 on center studs if I'm toe nailing?

And last question; my finish nailer runs on 1/4 inch hose. Will that suffice for a framing nailer or should I be running 3/8 inch hose?

Thank you guys, I appreciate the help.

Old 07-12-14, 06:24 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I use 1/4" hoses exclusively for nailing. You are only impulsing the air, so recovery is quick. Not only that, but the smaller hose is a heap easier to sling around and stretch out. The nylon braided blue hoses HD sells seems to be a great hose. I have been using one for about 9 years, now. Of course, you will have static electricity to deal with. It will cause the hose to actually jump up on your leg as you go by it...no joke.