Craftsman rotary tool stand/table

Old 10-10-14, 08:39 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Craftsman rotary tool stand/table

Anyone ever of or see this table? Sears chat couldn't help me.

It's called a Craftsman Rotary Tool table/stand or something. It allows you to mount three tools and rotate (down and up) to the tool you want to use. One up and two down, on tables in a triangle. I found one for sale and it looks good, but who knows if it is, in fact, a craftsman. Sure seems like a handy thing.Name:  rotary-tool-stand.JPG
Views: 12207
Size:  35.3 KB

Thanks a lot, Jim

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-14, 09:04 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 205 Votes on 182 Posts
Welcome to the forums Jim!

Does it really matter who makes it? Making sure the tools you intend to use with it will mount is the main thing. After the tools are mounted I wonder how hard it will be to rotate them?

Old 10-10-14, 10:59 AM
W
Received 12 Votes on 11 Posts
Table

I wonder how hard it will be to rotate them?
Looks like there is a locking pin with a pull ring near the bottom of the label.

Old 10-10-14, 11:22 AM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
The link to Sears appears to be the table in question.

CRAFTSMAN Rotary Tool Bench Unit Parts | Model 706655110 | SearsPartsDirect

Old 10-13-14, 12:36 PM
Thumbs up

Well, I got it. Take a look at what I mounted to/on it.

It isn't hard to rotate, just as the other poster said, just pull the locking pin and spin the triangle shaped table assembly.

Am I gonna like it? Who knows. I just finished mounting my tools. The table will save the space of two of the tools on my tables. I have a 24x24 shop, but I'm a pack-rat and I don't have any room, especially after buying a BIG sears table saw. One of these days I might make something

Thanks for that link. Those dummies at Sears didn't have a clue, which is pretty much SOP for CS nowadays. I will NEVER buy another CRAFTSMAN product which has any moving parts. I'm on my 3rd lawn tractor/mower during the past year. They took good care of me (corporate). I guess they KNOW they just don't make much of a machine nowadays.Name:  rotary1.jpg
Views: 9415
Size:  31.6 KBName:  rotary2.jpg
Views: 10761
Size:  36.5 KBName:  rotary3.jpg
Views: 9883
Size:  34.4 KB

Old 10-13-14, 01:43 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Let us know later on how well you like it. My main concern with rotating it was the different weights of the various tools having the 'wheel' being out of balance and hard to control when you pull the pin.

Old 10-13-14, 03:03 PM
Not a problem with "imbalance", but I may ad a 12" disc sander where I now have that little belt sander. That would equalize the weight better.

I just don't know.....................today I wanted to grind something and my grinder wasn't "up and running" so I used something else . We'll see.

Old 10-14-14, 05:04 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
I bought a Shopsmith 30+ yrs ago thinking I'd use the lathe and drill press more than anything. It stays in the table saw mode which gets used frequently, I bought a separate drill press and I haven't used the lathe in over 20 yrs. You can't beat a dedicated tool that is set up and ready to go!