Drywall Screw Shooter - Which One?

Old 03-22-01, 09:53 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

What brand is the best and how much should I pay? I want something that will last.
Thanks
Keegan

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-01, 12:11 PM
Visiting Guest
Best is always a matter of opinion.

What you need to look for is RPM - 6,000 plus is best

Look for a long nose and comfortable grip for ceiling work.

Hilti makes a very good gun. I've seen them at work and they meet the above criteria. Of course, if a tool says Hilti on it, it will not be cheap.

I own a Makita. It is a good gun too, but I don't do drywall for a living. The price was right.

Old 03-28-01, 06:28 PM
Visiting Guest
I bought a refurbished Dewalt model 274 from the local Dewalt service center. I understand that most of the refurbished ones are beasts that were bought at a store such as Home Depot and returned within the 30 day time frame for full refund. I did my entire basement with this unit and paid under $100 Canadian for it (about 2/3 of a new one). It worked like a charm and will be added to my collection.

JK

Old 04-10-01, 02:24 PM
Visiting Guest
Talking

I bought a DeWalt deck/drywall screwgun. It works like a hammer drill! I think it is designed for stripping screw heads. I bought a Craftsman battery operated 3/8 drill/screwgun with 2 batteries and the case on sale for like $70. We use it more than anything for everything. It is the best for drywall.