Delta or Grizzly Table Saw

Old 12-07-15, 07:45 AM
W
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Delta or Grizzly Table Saw

My father in law was given a table saw recently. He already had one, so now he wants to get rid of one of them. He asked me which of the 2 is better. I told him I have no clue, but would ask on the forum. Which of the 2 would you keep?

Delta 62-044

Grizzly G 1022

Old 12-07-15, 07:58 AM
Group Moderator
Received 792 Votes on 729 Posts
I think you may have given us the Delta motor number, not the table saw number.

Which way does the blade tilt on either one? If one tilts to the right (toward the fence) I would get rid of that one... they are dangerous.

Old 12-07-15, 08:36 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I didn't look for the Delta saw. The Grizzly model number shows both a cabinet saw and a contractor saw, so it's a little confusing.
It appears the majority of Grizzly 1022's are contractor saws.
So I would choose the Grizzly based on what I saw. Bonuses are if the Grizzly is indeed a cabinet saw and if it happens to have a Biesemeyer Fence.
I used to like Delta, but have had bad luck with their table saws and miter saws. The only Delta I would consider buying is a Unisaw, but that's pretty much top of the line.

Old 12-07-15, 08:41 AM
W
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I'll check the numbers again and put them out here. Handyone, just found out the Grizzly belonged to a gentleman that made furniture. I'd be willing to bet it's the cabinet saw.

Old 12-07-15, 05:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I have a Delta Unisaw with a 5 hp motor, 6' side runoff table with a Jessem Router set up on the end of the table. It uses a Beisemyer (sp) fence and hooks directly up to my vac system since it is a cabinet model. I couldn't be more pleased. With 240 volts I get a really fast spool up of the blade.

Old 12-07-15, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The only Delta I would consider buying is a Unisaw
Let me correct that. The only Delta I dream of buying is a Unisaw.......

Sounds beautiful Larry.

Old 12-08-15, 04:51 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Brian, my SIL who has a very good roofing business, early on decided he was a remodeler, and bought a slew of tools, that eventually went into storage since his emphasis moved toward roofing and not carpentry. When he moved he asked me to remove what was left in his storage facility and store them in my barn (free, of course), so I did. My Craftsman table saw looked so puny next to this Delta, so I swapped. He will never use the Delta. Craftsman is in barn, Delta is in shop.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: