Shop Vac liquid drain thread size

Old 06-29-16, 11:30 AM
S
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Shop Vac liquid drain thread size

Wasn't sure if this is the appropriate forum. I have a 10 gallon Shop Vac (brand name) vacuum. I'd like to be able to connect a hose (with adapters) or pipe to the liquid drain on the bottom. Are the drains a standard size thread? I'll probably need to bring the cover to a hardware store to see.

Old 06-29-16, 12:06 PM
C
Received 86 Upvotes on 68 Posts
I don't think it's a standard plumbing size...too coarse. You could probably find a fernco rubber coupling that would work. But keep in mind you can't have the drain open (even if connected to a hose) while trying to use the vacuum....it will just suck air in through the drain and won't pull much through the normal hose.

Old 06-30-16, 04:39 PM
S
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Yes it does look quite coarse. And true - I'd need to fill it, then drain it, so it may not be a good idea anyway. I had to drain my pool - want to clean the bottom before filling it with water again. The remaining water is too shallow for the pool cover pump. A small Shop Vac I had before buying the new one was doing a pretty good job - but would fill in about a minute. The only way to empty that is to take the top off and pour the water out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: