Staples for my Parker gun

Old 10-20-17, 02:05 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Staples for my Parker gun

Hello, Not sure where to post this so i'll start here. I can't find staples for my old Parker TR-70 staple gun. They seem to be a tiny bit larger than most. Did anyone (Stanley?) buy out Parker ? I know staple guns are relatively cheap, but I kinda liked the way this one operated the few amount of times I did use it over the past 30 years.....any thoughts on where I may get staples ? Thanks

Old 10-20-17, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
That was pretty easy. Just search for Parker TR-70 staples. You are right, they appear slightly different than regular T-50's for current models. Most new ones use Arrow 500 series...looks like your's uses 600 series. I don't see them on the Arrow site, but Ebay and Amazon have lots of listings. Even Sears has them listed.

If you use it a lot, seems like the hassle of having to order them (unless you are a Prime member) would be a bit to put up with. Quite a bit less choice as well, no SS or monel options.

Old 10-20-17, 08:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 992 Votes on 903 Posts
Arrow #604 - #609.

Like these.

Old 10-21-17, 07:34 AM
W
I definitely appreciate the info, and yes you are correct about dealing with the hassle. But you know how we men are about sometimes liking a certain old time friendly tool. I'll see what I can come up with, but I definitely won't lose any sleep if I have to get a new staple gun...LOL Thanks Again

Old 10-21-17, 10:39 AM
Group Moderator
Received 992 Votes on 903 Posts
If you do get a new stapler... go to a store that has them on display. Pull the trigger on each one. Pay special attention to the Duo fast stapler that has a tension adjustment screw on the top of the driver... it is so easy on your hand that you notice how nice it is immediately. I would never buy any other hand stapler now that I have one.

Old 10-22-17, 07:54 AM
W
This is good advice. I also have an old Arrow stapler that was/is hard as heck to operate even when I was a young man....lOL. These old hands could definitely benefit from an easy operating gun....Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: