Laser Level & Detector

Old 12-18-17, 05:58 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Laser Level & Detector

I am about to regrade my lawn because of poor drainage. I have a large lawn and I am over using a homemade water level. I have looked into laser levels and detectors but they are very expensive.

Can anyone recommend a brand of laser level & detector for a DIY'er that I might be able to use for other projects around the house that won't break the bank??

Old 12-18-17, 09:03 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
I have used a Fat Max and a tape measure. About the only issue is that you cant do it in bright sunlight but it works fine as the sun starts going down!

They are only about $30.

Old 12-18-17, 10:33 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,144 Upvotes on 1,920 Posts
I have a Davis White laser level and detector though I'm not sure if it would fit in your price range. My level has a setting where I can leave the laser on but not rotating and with it not moving you can see the laser dot even in the sun but if it's rotating at a usable speed it's almost invisible during the day, but you can make it work without a detector albeit slow. You could get by with a cheaper unit or even a simple level but you'd be limited to checking elevations in a straight line, then go to the laser and re-position it.

Old 12-18-17, 01:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
I got one a few years ago from lowes for around 100$ . Here is a quick look at Lowes today
https://www.lowes.com/pl/Laser-level...rm=laser+level

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: