Bostitch imported nail guns

Old 05-16-01, 11:05 AM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

I had given good results to the SB 1664-FN finish nailgun in an online review. It does fire very well when it works.

Mine stopped firing over the winter. Yesterday I called Bostitch to order an o-ring kit. It is not available. You must purchase o-rings individually. There are over a dozen o-rings in this gun.

I then decided to disassemble the gun and troubleshoot the problem. Everything looked good until I took the trigger switch apart. An internal ring had lots of slp in it and did not appear to seal as it should. I was able to buy an o-ring from my lumber yard for $.20 and it fixed the problem.

The gun fires as it did when I first purchased it.

Beware.......it will cost a minimum of $15 for a repair center to check this tool and then they will also have to order individual o-rings for it. Maybe Bostitch can fix this soon.

[Edited by More than a Carpenter on 05-17-01 at 02:00]

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-01, 09:41 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Similar problem on my air rachet

Way to go MTAC .

I had a similar problem on an air rachet that I found lying in the street .

I decided to take a crack at why it didn't work.

Besides it being dirty, it was missing a sealing O ring which made the air exhaust instead of drive the motor.

I had gotten the breakdown from Snapon and it didn't show an O ring. But, some coworkers that helped me to fix it, said that it should.

Went to the hardware store and for 40 cents I found the needed O ring.

Works like a champ now...for the record, that same air rachet retails for over 300 bucks from Snapon . What a score!!!! Wohoo!