Rockwell vs dremel multitool

Old 07-10-18, 06:15 PM
Rockwell vs dremel multitool

Debating between rocketwell 4a versacut and dremel ultra saw tool kit .

which do u guys recommend

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-18, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator
Make sure the Rockewell uses universal blades and accessories...if so, that one. Dremel is EXTREMELY overpriced IMO. Though, both likely come in multiple versions of the kit.

I haven't used any Rockwell stuff in a long time, but as I remember, they may be a bit rougher looking and noisier...but they worked just fine.

If they have all the same features you want then I'd go with the cheaper brand. Not like it will get used day in/day out, will it?

Old 07-11-18, 04:08 PM
I'm not gonna use it often. They are both around 120 when on sale here . Are they a good tool to have around. I guess I ll get the dremel since its 7a ??

Old 07-11-18, 04:23 PM
What's the plans for it?
I owned the Rockwell one and it was a waste of money, it did what it said it would but my circular saw or oscillating saw would have done the same job faster and far more depth of cut.
I ended up selling mine on Craigslist.

Old 07-12-18, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator
I gotta agree with Joe...though I never owned one. I have a cordless oscillating tool that is just the ticket for lots of things. I have a 6" cordless saw for light cutting of thin stuff or plywood or just a few heavy cuts on lumber. Then I have a Makita circ saw that is the bomb if I'm going to be doing a lot of lumber cutting. I really can't see the use for an ultra saw type tool as it comes outa the box...though some of it's different toolheads may be useful. Dedicated tools almost always work better than multi-use ones.

Old 07-12-18, 02:29 AM
I have a pretty well equipped shop, and there were a few times I thought about something like that, but never bought one. As mentioned, and although not knowing exactly what you want it for, my suggestion would be to look at an oscillating saw before pulling the trigger as I believe they are a more versatile tools. I have a buddy who has something similar to what you're looking at, older one, might be a Makita, and he raved about it for a long time, right up until I suggested he try one of my oscillating tools. He used it a couple of day, brought it back, showed me his new oscillating tool, and told me there was no comparison. His point being that he preferred the oscillating tool.

Old 07-12-18, 03:58 AM
I dont know that you would really see a big difference between the multi tools.

I used to poopoo these until I needed to rebuild a double pane window so I picked up a refurbished Bosh unit on eBay with bag and blades for around $20.

It did exactly what I needed so for the minimal use it was a good investment.