Any opinions on Bosch EasyImpact 12?

Old 08-08-18, 01:49 PM
Any opinions on Bosch EasyImpact 12?

Hello,
I'm looking to buy an impact drill for home use. It will not be used that often but needs to perform adequately in the tasks you would find in an apartment. Mostly driving screws, or drilling in masonry/concrete panel to hang the occasional picture or lamp. At some point it might need to put hanging kitchen cabinets. I mostly like the Bosch EasyImpact 12 (aka PSB 10.8 Li-2 in some markets)
on paper and the idea of it sharing battery with other small tools. It is reasonably compact, thus easy to handle. The only thing that worries me is the maximum drilling diameter in masonry - 6mm. I guess this will be enough for hanging pictures and a not-so-heavy pendant lamp, but for anything heavier I'm not so sure. Is it going to be able to drill a slightly thicker hole if I pre-drill a 6mm one? Price wise the EasyImpact is already on the higher end of my budget. I prefer cordless. Any advice or alternatives?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-18, 03:14 PM
Group Moderator
I would recommend a corded tool instead - more power and it's going to work when you need it rather than having a dead battery.