How to customize the Dewalt miter saw stand?

Old 10-14-18, 08:13 PM
How to customize the Dewalt miter saw stand?

I purchased the DEWALT DWX723 Heavy Duty Miter Saw Stand for my Dewalt miter saw. I'm trying to figure out a way to customize the four legs so I can adjust the height because my garage floor is not level. Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-18, 08:58 PM
Group Moderator
I wouldn't change the legs at all... I'd just set them on a board that is the right thickness.

Old 10-15-18, 12:54 AM
I had one of those stands, hated it. Too big and cumbersome to move around and not compact at when not in use.

Sold it and got one of these Ridged stands.

Very sturdy, wheels around nice, and folds up to a compact size.

https://www.doityourself.com/forum/a...1&d=1539590049

Attached Images  
Old 10-15-18, 02:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I agree with X, use the right thickness of board to scotch the legs. Unlike a permanent alteration of the leg you can move the stand if/when the need arises.

Old 10-15-18, 05:18 AM
Group Moderator
I have that Dewalt stand and it works quite well. It's already heavy so I wouldn't add any more weight to it by trying to add adjustable feet. I've always found it pretty easy to find a level enough spot to set it up and when needed I put a scrap of something underneath a foot to stop it from wobbling. If you are going to permanently leave it in one location and want to customize it for that one spot you can trim off the bottom of a leg or two to get it to stand solid. Just don't go crazy as you will be making the legs uneven in length. Still, I'd make up a permenant spacer for under a leg instead of cutting one or two shorter.

Old 10-15-18, 05:48 AM
Group Moderator
I have that stand and it's shorter 4' long cousin. Both are very compact... the longer one takes up a 6"x6" area in the length of the bed of my truck. I can't imagine any other monstrosity being that compact! I would never cut the legs shorter but that's up to you. It sure would limit it to one location.

Old 10-15-18, 06:20 AM
Two pieces of wedge shaped wood (or two shims) would make an adjustable scotch.

Old 10-15-18, 07:11 AM
I have tried shims but not the best since it will get moved/kicked/knocked off the legs by moving things around. I have a small space so anything that is loose and can be moved will get knocked off. I want something that is semi-permanent on the legs and allow me micro-adjustments if possible. I was thinking a swivel & adjustable leveler. The issue is, I can't think of a way to attach it to the legs.

Old 10-15-18, 07:17 AM
Add my vote that the DWX723 is slender, light, and compact. Since it can be easily carried with one hand, it doesn't need wheels.
Yes it's long but boy is that handy with both arms pulled out to support long wobbly trim like crown molding.

I even made my own mounting base & roller accessories to attach my portable planer to it. I planed all the lap siding for my 2-car garage using it. It's STRONG.