Porter Cable compressor issue

Old 11-26-18, 08:21 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Porter Cable compressor issue

I have a porter cable 135 psi compressor, model PCFP02003. Purchased at local big box about a year ago. Working very well with floor nailer and brad nailers. Noticed the other day that the outlet gauge was stuck on 20psi. I fiddled with the regulator to see if it would adjust and it didn't. Went online to search out the issue and found suggestions to unscrew the regulator and look for a broken piece (apparently this is an issue with this brand and model). However, mine was intact. I took a pair of needle nose pliers to try and take out that, what is it, a diaphragm?, but it wouldn't budge. Noticed a bit of oil around that piece as well. Thought better than to try and force it out so I put the regulator back on and lo and behold the gauge corrected itself. While this is good news, for now, I don't know why it corrected and that's bothering me. I may have "magic hands" but after 36 years of marriage I've never heard that compliment . So, what do you think happened and is that oil in there normal? I'm betting it is an oil-less model so I'm unsure as to why it's there. I've included a pic of that diaphramy thingy. Thanks.

Name:  c1.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  17.1 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 01-14-20 at 05:39 PM. Reason: resized picture
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-18, 09:36 AM
Group Moderator
Received 641 Votes on 593 Posts
Screwing the regulator clockwise should raise the pressure, while turning is counterclockwise will reduce the pressure and unscrew the cap in the process.

I would suggest that if you haven't already damaged it that you should try screwing the regulator all the way in. I can't speak to your other questions.