Electric Stick Edger

Old 09-13-19, 10:30 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Electric Stick Edger

I have a Craftsman "stick edger" (see attached, very old, model # 257.857952). The switch and plug have been cut from the motor.

The plug is polarized. The black lead goes to the switch. The white lead goes to a wafer board (not sure of correct terminology).

There are two black leads coming from the switch: one is not connected to anything, the other goes to the wafer board. There is also a red wire going from the switch to the wafer board. It is a "lucerne 5099" switch if that helps. The black wires (unconnected and to the wafer board) are coming from the "load" side of the switch. The black wire from the plug and red wire from the wafer board are connected to the "line" side.

There is also a separate white wire.

There are three wires coming from the motor: red, white and black. (see attached)

I am not an electrician. I know enough to connect red to red. But, that is about it.

Can anyone tell me how the plug, switch, and separate white wire should be connected to the motor?

I have looked on the internet, but been unable to find anything that simply explains which are the appropriate connections.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links