Need Help Choosing Laser Level - DeWalt vs Bosch vs Klein

Old 09-13-19, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need Help Choosing Laser Level - DeWalt vs Bosch vs Klein

I am looking for a small self leveling laser that I can use for various projects (kitchen cabinets, backsplash tiling, etc.). I don't think that I need anything high end, so I'm looking in the $150 range. The ones I've been considering are Bosch, DeWalt, and Klein. I've read that the green lasers are easier to see, but it seems like I can get a more accurate red one for a lower price. I'll be using this almost exclusively indoors. I probably wouldn't need a line longer than about 15'. I was originally going to buy a Bosch, but now I'm considering DeWalt or Klein. I'm not even sure if it would matter in my case, as I will be using it for shorter distances.

These are the models that I've been researching. They are 1/8" accurate at 30'. I'm wondering if I should get a green laser instead, one that is potentially less accurate. I'm not sure if the accuracy will make a difference on the smaller runs that I'll be using it for. I am so confused and appreciate any input!

Bosch GLL 55

DeWalt DW088K

Klein 93LCLS

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-19, 02:42 PM
Group Moderator
Received 244 Votes on 225 Posts
I'll give you a 4th option. This is the one I have and I'm very pleased with it. The price below is about half of what I paid for mine.

https://www.ohiopowertool.com/p-5624...EaApThEALw_wcB

It doesn't shoot a plumb dot, (up and down) so if that's something you are looking for, this one doesn't have that. But I find this one is great for wall layout, as you can put it in a corner, set it to vertical line, and it will almost shoot 360 degrees, outlining exactly where the wall should go.

They are pretty worthless outdoors unless it's evening... but with the pls180 you can get an outdoor detector, should you ever need it outside.