Locking pin bent-CE compound miter saw

Old 06-29-20, 02:34 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Locking pin bent-CE compound miter saw

Went to use a never used tool, my Chicago Electric dual bevel compound miter saw, and had trouble unlocking the blade. I discovered the locking pin is bent and I canít seem to find a way to release the blade unless this problem is resolved. Anyone know how to remove the pin so I can replace it or do I now have a heavy oversized paper weight?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-20, 02:51 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,118 Votes on 1,038 Posts
It looks you may have to cut it with a hacksaw near the spring and then replace it.
It's hard to tell in the picture how much wiggle room there is there.

Post the model number.

Old 06-29-20, 04:56 PM
B
Received 88 Votes on 77 Posts
If it is a new purchase, return it. Have you tried unscrewing the plastic handle from the locking pin? If it unscrews, the pin should be removable. Maybe it can be straightened in a vise.

Old 06-30-20, 05:28 AM
Received 73 Votes on 69 Posts
Hi, also looks like damage to the housing where the pin may have been forced at some point.
Geo

Old 06-30-20, 05:32 AM
Received 372 Votes on 347 Posts
Another testament to the ongoing discussion regarding the quality of merchandise from HF!

Sorry, I had to comment, you get what you pay for!

Old 07-01-20, 08:57 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I was finally able to tap the locking pin using a punch set and hammer to push it back far enough to free it. The blade can now be moved up & down but that locking pin of course, helps lock it in the down position. Iíll just use a small bungee to keep it down when in storage. This was a cheap purchase and yes, you get what you pay for. Iím fairly new to diy projects and have an extremely small budget. Wish I could afford more but it is what it is. I appreciate posts that offered suggestions to remedy my issue. I will have to use the hacksaw to cut the pin out after I can confirm I can get a replacement pin. This was a purchase from a couple years ago so warranty/return are not an option.