Small Hydraulic Floor Jack

Old 08-29-20, 04:40 PM
W
Received 12 Votes on 12 Posts
Small Hydraulic Floor Jack

I have an old Wilmar hydraulic floor jack ( 1/4 ton) that I use to lift my utility trailer in case of a flat. I pulled it out of the trailer tool box to do another job, and discovered that it would lift its own arm up, but stopped moving up when it hit the object I was trying to lift. The only smoking gun I have found so far is an O ring in the plunger that is actuated by the lever that you pump up and down to actuate the jack. The O ring is intact but there was oil oozing out the shaft that it was encircling. The pump and cylinder appears to be full of Oil, and there was no sign of an oil leak in the case that it rests in when not in use. Something else I need to look at for final repair?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-20, 04:56 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 629 Votes on 581 Posts
They are pretty simple and about the only things that can go bad are the O rings, piston seals and a check valve. Maybe the check valve spring broke or a piece of trash is suck in a check valve.

Old 08-30-20, 08:02 AM
W
Received 12 Votes on 12 Posts
I have already found the O ring, and the other stuff can't be too far away. The whole jack is only two feet long! Thanks for the reply!