porter cable 12v drill

Old 06-14-01, 03:42 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

My beloved drill/driver just konked - makes a rattling noise and doesn't turn when trigger pulled. Need some info on how to fix if possible - any suggestions? Thanks, Nick

Old 06-14-01, 06:30 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Take it apart and see if there is any dirt or junk in the clutch area or if you can see any interference or broken parts in it.

Probably something dumb wrong with it. Was it overloaded recently? How old is it?

Old 06-14-01, 06:44 PM
N
Joe,
It's 2 years old, I was using a big spade bit when it bit the dust. I will open it to see what's going on. Thanks, Nick

Old 06-15-01, 05:32 PM
S
It might be even simpler than you would think. I thougt my Makita bit the dust a few times only to find the slow/fast button vibrated or got hit into the middle position......

Old 06-16-01, 09:20 AM
This is a similar situation, with a slight 'Twist'.
I was in the market for a second drill, and recently walked into HD to see the Ryobi 14.4V set on sale for $129. Drill, flashlight, and small circular saw. I couldn't resist - (and the saw comes in really handy much more than I thought.)
The very next day, my 5 yr. old DeWalt gave out.
I'm sure it needs a new clutch, but it's just not as pressing to get it into the repair shop now.
True story,
fred

Old 06-17-01, 07:15 PM
N
Smile Figured it out

Steven was right sorta. The speed button on top was disconnected from from the button on motor. The gear was stuck in middle. Just reconnected it. Good as new. Thanks, Nick

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: