Ryobi 40V Powerhead

Old 04-13-21, 11:21 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ryobi 40V Powerhead

Hello,

I have a Ryobi RY40002 trimmer that I bought back in 2017 or 2018. Canít remember the year and no longer have receipt.

Over the weekend, I was using the powerhead with a cultivator attachment Saturday morning. On Sunday, I got it out and used the trimmer attachment. On Monday, I got the cultivator attachment back out and the powerhead started intermittently starting and stopping. Both batteries were fully charged. Today, I used the cultivator attachment and on one battery, it worked and didnít cut out once. I installed the 2nd battery to finish cultivating, and my cultivator attachment picked up a rock and got stuck.

While trying to get the rock unstuck, I forgot to remove the battery, but luckily, the powerhead didnít come on. After I got the rock unstuck, went to use it, and battery was fully discharged.

What would cause the battery to fully discharge in a matter of about 10 minutes?

One battery was manufactured in 2017, which is the original battery. The other battery was manufactured in 2018, which is the battery that discharged itself.

Do I potentially have a bad battery or possibly a bad powerhead?

Thanks in advance for any replies and information.

Old 04-13-21, 01:11 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 900 Votes on 829 Posts
If the powerhead works with one battery and not the other it's probably a battery issue.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: