Cordless drill with bubble levels attached??

Old 11-29-21, 05:18 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cordless drill with bubble levels attached??

Does anyone make a drill that has bubble levels attached? Like a circular bulls-eye on the back and a straight one on the top. I am the worst at drilling straight holes, lol, amd I've never seen a drill like this.
Any suggestions?

Old 11-29-21, 05:55 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,528 Votes on 1,372 Posts
I would assume you have Googled it.... (cordless drill bubble level)

but even with a bubble level on your drill you would likely still have trouble because then you would need to steady the bubble and not be looking at what you are drilling. Plus it won't work in every situation.. only where the surface being drilled is plumb (straight up and down vertically)

You might just need to make a drilling jig for yourself. Just a 3/4" thick block of hardwood or phenolic that you have taken to a drill press and drilled a variety of hole sizes into. Holding that up and drilling through it can be your guide that will help you feel where perpendicular is as you drill. And you typically want holes to be perfectly perpendicular, but they not always level.

Old 11-29-21, 07:42 PM
C
Received 20 Votes on 17 Posts
I think i've seen a driver with a level... you'd need two, though, one for vertical drilling and one for horizontal. I've often thought a tiny flashlight shining on the drilling surface would do it: pull the trigger and the light comes on. When the "spotlight" is oval the drill is not square or plumb, when the light is round the drill *is* square and plumb, commence drilling.

With some practice you can develop the feel, or the eye, to achieve straight holes.

Old 11-30-21, 03:38 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Any brands come to mind?
I appreciate the helpful advice, but I still want to find the drill in question.
Yes, 2 levels. One for vertical and one for horizontal.
I just know its gonna be an off brand tool no one's ever heard of before, lol.

Old 11-30-21, 05:26 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 672 Votes on 595 Posts
I had a Craftsman 19.2 volt drill that had a level, it's replacement did not. While I thought it was a neat feature when I got the drill - I rarely [if at all] used it.

Old 11-30-21, 05:52 AM
Received 594 Votes on 531 Posts
I also have a drill with a level on it. Only time it has a use is when I drill straight down in a vertical position.
If you really want one, just buy one and glue it to the body of the drill.

Old 11-30-21, 11:44 AM
Received 44 Votes on 39 Posts
Old 11-30-21, 11:53 AM
What I do wish they would add to drills are more bit holders. Can't have enough. At least the magnetic tray is a help.

Old 11-30-21, 11:59 AM
You know, you can even make a level. Get a short piece of clear tubing, add a bit of colored water to it. Just enough that a bubble will be visible when laid flat. Plug the ends of the tube with silicon. Let dry and glue that to the top of a flat section of drill top.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: