How can one tell the suction power of a handheld vacuum?

Old 06-13-22, 04:36 AM
M
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
How can one tell the suction power of a handheld vacuum?

Hey guys, due to my severe hand and shoulder arthritis situation I need a powerful handheld vacuum. I am looking at this Ruvio one here below which according to the video seems to work but I am being told that's a "toy".

https://buyruvio.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw...BoChx4QAvD_BwE

So can anyone tell me what specs I should look for in a vacuum which determine it's suction power please and if any links to good cordless powerful one will be nice, thanks.

Old 06-13-22, 07:06 AM
Received 594 Votes on 531 Posts
I agree that unit is next to worthless.
Shark makes decent units.
But the thing is, you must keep them cleaned almost after every use. And there are so many filters that if one gets clogged then the rest won't work effiecntly.
I have the Shark ION F80 cordless. It works quite well. Comes with two batteries and a charger.

If it's maximum sucking power, you won't getting anything better than your typical corded floor model.
Or a shop vac. Just straight sucking power and that's all.

mikehende voted this post useful.
Old 06-13-22, 08:12 AM
M
Thanks, You are correct that what I need is just 'straight sucking power" as I don't have carpeting, just need something to pick up debris on the floor and clean cobwebs from the ceiling but cordless device would be my first preference,

Old 06-16-22, 11:35 AM
M
I looked into the Cordless Shop Vac. This rigid one has the best review in this video of all they tested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdhuatYzJw8

and seems to be ideal for my situation, the concept but the reviews for the Ridgid does not add up to what's showing in the video, lots of complaints about too little suction power plus battery draining too quickly.

Any particular shop vac recommendations please?

Old 06-16-22, 12:06 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,564 Votes on 1,406 Posts
Project Farm on YouTube did a video comparing cordless shop vacs. I had the first model Dewalt cordless 18v shop vac and it did pretty well. It was pretty loud but it never died and I got rid of it when batteries became obsolete (it was a old NiMh powered model).

As for cleaning floor and vacuuming spider webs I use a Dyson V8 Animal. It's in it's third year and still going strong. It's pricy but we got it on Black Friday for a decent discount. You can also check places like Costco that sell older models which end up being a good deal cheaper than the current newest and greatest.

mikehende voted this post useful.
Old 06-16-22, 12:11 PM
M
Yeah that Dyson is out of my budget, will look into Coscto, thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: