everyone read this

Old 07-21-01, 05:57 PM
HVAC Man
Visiting Guest
I need lots of help finding this
Has anyone ever seen a mechanics toolchest (big one) that has an opening to install a car stereo and some 3 1/2 speakers?
I want to use this same concept to install a pioneer cass. player into the wall of my work bench, I need to know where to get the ac to dc transformer or whatever they use to hook up the 12vdc stereo to 110v outlet.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-01, 07:53 PM
HVAC,
Check at Radio Shack or some of the CB stores around. We used to used converters years ago when we brought our mobile cb's into the house to use as base stations.
fred

Old 07-21-01, 08:31 PM
HVAC Man
Visiting Guest
cool ,thanks,
Well I check all the Tool companies web sites, like Snap-on, Matco, etc, cannot find anything, thanks anyways

Old 07-22-01, 03:14 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Yup, the electronics of it all would be found in a place like Radio Shack or Crutchfield or someplace like that. Throw JC Whitney in there for good measure.

Why not put it up on a shelf? Or find an old component system or portable CD player and put it up on a shelf. This way, you can tote it around with you and get it to work wherever you are working. That's what I do

Old 07-31-01, 04:06 PM
What you need is an "Entertainment Tool Chest". It rolls around on wheels like the tool chest, and is painted red, but has a small frig on the bottom, a tv in the middle and the radio at the top. If you have room, add an aluminum can crusher and trash unit. And a shelf for magazines and roasted peanuts, and why not, a small dorm microwave for those frozen Quick Trip burritos.

As for me, my garage is equiped with a tv with remote, stereo/CD player, window unit a/c. All I want is an old coke machine that holds Miller bottles, lol.

Lugnut.

Old 08-12-01, 05:02 AM
transformer

My son used an old transformer like used on rechargeable tools to rig his system at work up near his roll-around box.