Any Ideas for turning a Workmate bench into a Table Saw?

Old 09-02-01, 04:06 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a 5 year old house. Water pressure was great until about one month ago after a drought. The pressure is getting worse daily. The Village says the outside pressure is fine. It's worse in the upstairs showers. Two plumbers have failed to diagnose the problem. The cartrisges and aerators are fine. No pressure regulator exists since we get Village water not well water. WE have 1 inch copper pipes. We aren't in a low area and neighbors have no problems.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-01, 03:57 AM
Liquid
Visiting Guest
Any Ideas for turning a Workmate bench into a Table Saw?

I just bought a Black & decker Workmate 425 workbence & I would like to rig it up to turn it into a tablesaw. I was thinking of mounting a circular saw to the underside of it, but Im not really sure of how I should mount it...Has anybody done anything like this before?

Old 12-20-01, 04:48 AM
Liquid,
I'm sure it has been tried before, but I suggest against it for a number of safety reasos:
1) it won't have an anti-kickback device. If you've ever been hit by a piece of flying wood in the hip or groin area you'll recognize the importance of this feature.
2) the on/off switch will be difficult to reach
3) a Workmate isn't that stable and not a very large work support surface.
Additionally, it will be difficult to make depth or angle cut adjustments. You won't have a miter slide slot and a fence will be difficult to rig up properly.
I suggest investing in a fairly inexpensive($130+/-) table-top saw such as a Delta or Ridgid. This is what I did before I got my contractor's saw.
fred