bandsaw

Old 01-29-02, 05:54 AM
BooHill
Visiting Guest
bandsaw

i am trying to locate information on an older bansaw(still useable)i would like to get the manual that it came with. it is a craftsman. Unfortuneatly when i go on the craftsman website i can not access all of the site because i am writing to you from canada and it only allows us users to do so. any ideas???

Old 01-29-02, 09:15 AM
Davef15
Visiting Guest
Hopefully, somewhere on the saw will be a label and that will have the model number on it. You should be able to obtain a phone number for parts ordering from Sears. Sometimes they will have the original literature as well as parts.

Old 01-29-02, 12:37 PM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
Word of warning here; God help you if the model number is worn off! Have had that problem before with Craftsman; not a complaint, I have a lots of Craftsman and other Sears products.

Old 01-29-02, 07:14 PM
BooHill
Visiting Guest
Unhappy bandsaw

I tried the Sears connection already - imagine they can't tell me anything unless i have the number on the side-which has worn off the saw is old! Any other ideas would be appreciated- Thanks.

Old 01-30-02, 09:07 AM
Davef15
Visiting Guest
I was afraid of that - without the number you don't get jack. What is it exactly your are in need of? If its parts, your likely S.O.L. If its how to operate or adjust, there are lots of alternatives. Most of the major woodworking mags have done fairly comprehensive articles on tune ups, blade choices, alignment and a whole host of misc. on bandsaws in the last year or so. let me know here, I might be able to help

Old 01-30-02, 06:10 PM
BooHill
Visiting Guest
Unhappy thanks

thanks for your time. I will try the magazine route-and if I have no luck I will let you know-thanks again!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: