Pneumatic Stapler Advice

Old 03-19-02, 05:53 AM
Sturdy
Visiting Guest
Pneumatic Stapler Advice

Hi,

I'm about to lay 22 sheets of 1/4 luan over old vinyl to prepare the floor for new vinyl. I nailed one sheet in a large pantry and quickly decided a pneumatic stapler will save my tender hands!

I would like to buy rather than rent a pneu stapler but have no experience. I've found several narrow crown staplers recommended by manufacturers at about $135 for underlayment. Some manuf make more than one but don't really spec the difference in terms of ability to drive staples. I can provide the 90-100 psi needed. I assume a stapler that uses 70 psi has less driving power than a stapler that uses 90 psi.

My question is usability of these for this one time application. I don't want to buy a stapler that will leave staples protruding and still require excessive hammering. I guess my question comes to avail real power in these $135 staplers.

Is may concern valid? Can someone recommend an appropriate stapler for this application? Any other advice? Thanks in advance.

Sturdy

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-02, 11:48 AM
northgardengal
Visiting Guest
staples will work fine.you will need to use a 1 inch stalpe and most gunes use 90 psi but chech the gun first some vary

Old 03-31-02, 11:53 AM
northgardengal
Visiting Guest
staplers will work fine.you will need to use a 1 inch stapler and most gunes use 90 psi but chech the gun first some vary

Old 04-01-02, 03:57 AM
Sturdy
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the response. I just bought and tested a Porter-Cable NS150A. I am surprised at how little air is needed and how easily the staple is driven. I'm impressed.

Sturdy