craftsman lathe

Old 04-12-02, 03:52 AM
arthropod98
Visiting Guest
craftsman lathe

back again, with ANOTHER lathe question.

i'm looking for something that's reasonably priced, and that has a duplicator attachment available.

so, i've been checking out the delta # 46-700 ($480), and the duplicators listed for this are # 46-408 ($567) and # 46-840 ($430) -- WHOA!!! now, i don't know much about lathes, but those prices seem HIGH to me!

after i saw this, i checked out the sears site, and there's a craftsman lathe # 21715 ($450), and there's a "copy craft" # 24901 ($160) and another duplicator # 24951 (again, $160) -- sounds a LOT more reasonable to me!

does anyone have any experience with either of these, and is there ANY reason why delta's duplicators would be so MUCH more??

also, the craftsman lathe has a slightly bigger motor, and 2" longer center-to-center length.

thanks in advance for ANY input on all this!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-02, 01:15 PM
arthropod98,
Generally, the Delta tools get very good ratings in WOOD magazine. I have most everything except the lathe.
The duplicator will be excellnt quality - Norm Abrams on PBS' NYWS has used one for years. I'll look in Wood magazine to see if I can find the lathe reviews.
fred

PS - HP ratings can be stated dfferently by the mfgs.