Mitre Saws

Old 04-23-02, 09:14 AM
Visiting Guest
Question Mitre Saws

Hi
I posted this message before. At times when I go to check it out it is there. At other times it does not show on the board.
Why is this? What did I do wrong when I tried to see the response sent to me in my e-mail?
Anyway.
What I wish to know is:
If the saw is rated at 15 amps. Do I need to upgrade one of my circuits to 20 amps to run the saw?
If just cutting trim would using the saw run on a 15 amp circuit with a heavy extension cord be ok?
Or should I purchase a saw with a 13 amp rating?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-02, 04:50 AM
Group Moderator
You should probably post in the "electrical" section, but generally you should not exceed 80% of the rated circuit capacity, i.e. 12 amps on a 15a circuit. Either case, probably best to run a 20a circuit to the location. Extension cord probably not a good idea.

Old 04-28-02, 08:22 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: [email protected]

Rest asured, your posting has been visable here since the date posted. I have viewed your question and others in this forum several times. If you were not able to view it, the problem must have been on your end or the selections you made near the bottom of the forums page.

In reply to your question regarding e-mail, if it pertains to a personal reply, most of us whom post replies to questions avoid sending personal responses in e-mails.

The main reason, amongst other reasons, is because others do not learn from the replies offered since they cannot read the e-mail replies. Using the forum ensures everyone reading the postings learns and benefits from the questions & replies offered.
Hope my reply here answers your non tool related questions.

Forum Host & Moderator
Tom_B