what kind of saw do I need for this job?


Old 06-22-02, 04:03 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
what kind of saw do I need for this job?

In my kitchen, plywood was installed over the wall and then the cabinets installed over that. That plywood "overshot" the cabinets by a good six inches and I would like to remove it. Is it possible to cut this plywood flush to the cabinets? Or do I need to remove the cabinets first? What kind of tool do I need for the job? Thanks for any advise.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-02, 05:03 PM
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 3,140
If you have a real real steady hand, you could use a recepriocating saw, with a 6" wood blade. You could cut right down the cupboard side, but you would have to be really good and careful. One slip and your into the cabinet.
Old 06-22-02, 06:02 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
What is the "plywood" for? If you answered that or took a picture and posted it to a website and we could see it, I or someone else may better be able to answer you...

Good luck.

I'm curious about this now.

Routers use flush trim bits but I don't know if it will work with this application..
Old 06-24-02, 12:53 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
the plywood is for...

well, I assumed that it was to stablize the walls- the walls are those old horsehair plaster kind that crumble easily. I didn't need so many cabinets so I removed one and pulled out the plywood- made a big mess of the wall in the process. I think the overshot plywood area was for more panelling- but paneling doesn't really "go" there, so I want to remove it. So I tried a "drill saw" bit that I spotted at home depot- you just use a power drill- but it didn't work at all. The reciprocating saw might be the best bet. Thanks.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes