circular saw repairs

Old 06-26-02, 06:44 AM
HotRodder
Visiting Guest
circular saw repairs

Hi,
I have this somewhat old SKilsaw which, when I try to tighten the blade bolt the whole motor/armature turns (i.e. it won't tighten anymore). Does anyone know what the problem is and what I can do to fix it?

I appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-02, 07:23 AM
Was the saw working and you have just recently removed the bolt to replace the blade, or did you pick it up in the current condition? Actually what I am getting at is the possibility that a washer or spacer on the shaft is missing and not allowing the bolt to fully tighten down on the blade. Or is the problem that the bolt will not thread fully in the shaft (perhaps due to a buggered thread or debris in the shaft hole)?

Old 06-26-02, 07:44 AM
HotRodder
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by thiggy
Was the saw working and you have just recently removed the bolt to replace the blade, or did you pick it up in the current condition? Actually what I am getting at is the possibility that a washer or spacer on the shaft is missing and not allowing the bolt to fully tighten down on the blade. Or is the problem that the bolt will not thread fully in the shaft (perhaps due to a buggered thread or debris in the shaft hole)?
Thiggy,

It is a saw I've had for about 15 years. I will check to see if both spacers are there. I put an addition on my house last fall/winter and used it a lot (obviously)! I might have unknowingly left off one of the spacers. I'll check it when I get home from work today.
FYI, there is no problem with the bolt itself.
Thanks for the info.
Paul