Craftsman belt sander

Old 06-27-02, 07:17 AM
Craftsman belt sander

I have a Craftsman 3 " belt sander that has not been used in a few years to amount to much. Recently when I tried to use it, it would start slow like it had a slipping clutch/belt that turns the drive pulley. I did sand and smooth the plat eon the bottom thinking it was not letting the sandpaper belt ride over it. I did use it some, but now it does not want to turn the belt at all. With the belt removed, the drive pulley seems to turn okay.

Suggestions?

Tx

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-02, 09:38 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Have you looked at the diagrams at www.sears.com (then click parts) to see if something jogs your memory?

I often find when I look at an exploded view, things and how they work come into perspective

Just a thought.

Old 06-28-02, 03:23 AM
It had crossed my mind, I was not sure if I could get any info like I need there. I think I will give it a shot.

Tx Joe

Old 07-07-02, 05:41 AM
Hey Joe.Thought I would update you on this sander. I did find a pretty good exploded view on the Sears site. I disassembled the sander almost down to where I needed to be, but can't get the housing side off that will let me remove the drive gear/sleeve. It looks like it should screw off, but it just turns as I have no way of holding the drive sleeve or shaft. It feels like it may have another small gear in the sleeve that works the sleeve and it is stripped. Or it seems that way.

Heheh, any suggestions from anyone out there?

Old 07-14-02, 09:34 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Since Sears makes nothing and buys their stuff from major companies, it would help to know the model #.

The first three digits reveal who makes it for Sears. You might try calling them to see if they can help (usually can).