Looking for auto dialer with touch tone outputs

Old 09-07-02, 12:33 AM
trendar
Visiting Guest
Post Looking for auto dialer with touch tone outputs

I'm looking for an auto dialer that can be triggered by the NO/NC contact output from my alarm, to dial my pager number and enter a numeric message- I used to have a radio shack one, but it stopped working, and it didn't have touch tone outputs anyway, being more for voice messages.
Any sources for this type of item ?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-02, 12:44 PM
Zack A
Visiting Guest
what alarm panel are you using now?

Old 09-22-02, 01:33 PM
trendar
Visiting Guest
As it turns out, a local alarm supply store sold a dialer add on; ground switched, and all digital; two channel, for $99, which I picked up. linearcorp.com model PD-2.
Works well for my application; I already had a isolated relay contact output from my alarm, so it just connects up to the dialer to trigger it. (dialer needs a ground switched trigger input)
It has a 10 second output message, and dials four numbers with selectable delay after triggering, and has a monitor function that lets you listen in when it calls you. Along with voice message output, it also can call pager numbers to send out a coded page.
It has a second channel, separately triggered, which can be used for reporting a second event of your choosing also-

It's powered by DC, up to 16V, so it can run right off the aux power from the alarm box; so it's battery backed up also, which is a plus-