Dsc 1500 Memory Light on

Old 11-13-02, 08:09 PM
Carraway
Visiting Guest
Dsc 1500

I also have a DSC 1500 unit.....the manual is available on their website.....anyone know how I can get my memory light to turn off....can't activate the system without it.......i've tried everything in the manual...........or do i possibly need a new battery...current one is 7 yrs old...thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-02, 10:33 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
On DSC's, the memory light is, obviously, to tell you about alarms. If it is on, there has been an alarm. You may need to view the memory before clearing it. Press *3 to view the memory. Now press #, this will take you back to ready mode. Enter your Arm code, then enter the code again. Arming and disarming clears the alarm memory. If this does not work, you may need to reset smokes. Press *7 to reset smokes. If this does not work, you can always power down, power up the system. To do this you need to find the transformer for the system and unplug it, then unplug one lead from the battery in the Control Panel. Wait about 10-20 seconds before powering back up, and always connect the battery first.
Let me know how it goes.

Old 11-26-02, 08:25 AM
Carraway
Visiting Guest
DSC 1500

I tried what you recommended but still no luck. When I type in my code it's just one long beep. I guess I'm stuck with powering down and restarting. When you say power down do you mean turn off the power in the fuse box?..........or should I be doing something else.....the alarm did go off because someone by mistake opened a door. But I should be able to clear the memory....Thank you

Old 11-26-02, 08:37 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
When I say power a system down, this envolves unplugging the transformer (or removing a leg of the power wire from the panel) and unplugging a leg of the battery. Then power back up, plugging in the battery FIRST on DSC models.

Tell me what lights are on when in the ready mode, or in other words when you are trying to arm. You probably are not getting a ready light. It is also possible that a smoke detector has tripped and needs to be reset (*7, or *72 sometimes.) If you can tell me what lights are on before you arm, and what zones they correspond to (Front door, back door, smoke, etc.) we should be able to figure out why you can't arm this thing.