corby system 10

Old 01-19-03, 07:53 AM
J
Received 236 Votes on 207 Posts
corby system 10

Anyone here ever work on Corby system 10 access control. We have it in our office and it seems to nothing but trouble. I would like about anyone else's experiences.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-03, 08:52 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sorry, I'm not an access tech myself, but I did find the product specs page at http://www.corby.com/Sub_Products/system10.asp if you want to take a look at it.

I did also find out that Corby is distributed by ADI, so I'll do some asking around next week, maybe find out a little more about it. If you need some manuals or something, I could probably get my hands on those. But that's about it, I have no first-hand experience with this product. Maybe someone else will be able to help.

Old 01-20-03, 05:41 AM
J
Received 236 Votes on 207 Posts
I have already have the sytem installed. The system I have has 54 doors. I am just curious if others have same type of problems like I have.
Stuff like chip one door and other doors open along with the chipped door. System latching doors open for no apparent reason. Having to kill the modules and reload all the data because of the above. Modems coninually dropping communication with modules. Modules continually needing to be rebooted.

Old 01-20-03, 06:45 AM
S
I'll try to give ADI a call today and see what they know about this system. They are usually pretty good at being honest with me about products.

Old 02-08-03, 03:22 PM
I've installed and worked on the system 10, as well as the 2, 4 & 5. I'm not a big fan of them, but there are others I'm not a fan of either. And I will say that they have or did have good tech support and repair departments.

54 doors is a good sized system, and you should be getting good service from your dealer that installed it or services it. If you're not, call Corby and ask them for another dealer in your area, or call some dealers you know are in the area (yellow pages) and interview them. Find out if they are familiar with the system, and what their background is, etc.

The system 10 has been around for well over 10 years, and not being windows based, it may be time to look at something more reliable, and user (ie: administrator) friendly. You'll only need to replace the controller panels and readers. Locks and exit devices should be compatible across the board.

I've installed and serviced many brands in my career, but we are partial to Keri Systems. We have nearly 40 systems in since we started using them in 99, with great success. I also know we have taken over the service on a few botched installs. Not every dealer is a qualified one, of any brand. Remember, factory trained or certified, etc, only means they went to a class, or made an investment in inventory. It doesn't necessarily mean they are good or honest.

Good luck

Old 02-11-03, 12:00 AM
S
I did make a few calls on that panel. It seems that some dealers like the system, some don't. Not a widely used panel in this area, it would seem. That's about all I can tell you. I'm talking to distributors, so they don't actually work with the equipment, all they can tell me is what they've heard from dealers.