Concord Express Questions

Old 01-31-03, 04:48 PM
sithly
Visiting Guest
Question Concord Express Questions

I've been playing and testing out my Concord Express alarm and everything is working fine.

I do know that it is capable of hooking up to a phone line (RJ-X jack) for monitoring, downloading offsite programming and paging cabilities. But is this paging capability the same dialing a phone number (my cell) and perhaps notify me of an alarm event?

Also, keypad has a button for "lights". I assume this is to turn on certain lights. I did not see anything in the insaller manul in regards to hooking up light source (lamp, room light, strobe, etc.) that activates when the alarm goes off. X-10 lamp module (how would you program it to the alarm)? Can I use the secondary siren as a signal outsource to activate a strobe?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-03, 04:58 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes, you can do paging to a cell phone, however, you usually have to use SMS paging to do this. I have it setup on my Concord and cell phone, but I can't seem to find the site where I got it setup. For $10 a year, I had alphanumeric paging to my cell phone. Used an 800 number and PIN to send pages. Very nice, but, like I say, I can't find the $?#$# site again. I have customers who are interested in doing this too (in addition to their monitoring) so if anyone knows the site or runs across it, please post it here.

Simply put, lights are not supported on the Concord Express system, only the Concord Integrated/Hybrid/Commercial panels. You could use programmed outputs and an X-10 relay module, etc etc. but that's a pain. The light button is there, since all the Concord (and Advent) panels use this keypad.

You can use the second output for siren/strobe/or just about anything else you want. You may need to add an auxiliary power supply and possibly a higher amp battery to do this (really depends on how many powered devices you have installed - see the installer manual.) You will also have to reprogram out2 for an exterior siren (it's defaulted to interior siren, which means it gives status beeps and trouble beeps, etc.)

How do you like the Concord Exp so far? I love it personally, one of the easiest to install and program. And use, for that matter.

Good luck!

Old 02-18-03, 03:59 AM
sithly
Visiting Guest
Question Cell Phone

Regarding the paging feature of the Concord, what if I just programmed the paging number the number of my cell phone and just have it try and page me. Although I won't get any "paging" numbers, atleast my cellphone has a Caller ID so atleast I know its my house calling me (since I'm not home and no no one else is....I can assume its the alarm and it went off). I can just hang up my cell. But the question is, would the alarm disconnect after failure paging attempts or does it keep calling? I would really be happy just to see this work where my cell shows my house number so atleast I can call the neighbors to have them check things out. Thanks for any insight.

Old 02-18-03, 07:28 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes, that will work, but you have to program it as a pager and no a CS phone number. Otherwise, like you say, it will continue to call (a total of 8 tries.) When it calls a pager, all it does is dial the number and enter the page, no connection to a computer or anything to verify the call went through. When it calls the CS, the panel is looking for a hand-shake and proper disconnect, so if you had your cell number programmed as the CS number, it would call you 8 times and then quit, then it would tell you phone failure.

I still have yet to find that pager to cell site. I know it's out there somewhere.

Good luck!