Wireless Interior Siren

Old 02-23-03, 03:17 AM
sithly
Visiting Guest
Question Wireless Interior Siren

I have an ITI Concord Express and still upgrading it. I just got a ITI Wireless Interior Siren (WIS). Unfortunately, I see that I need an optonal Line Carrier Power Transormer to send signals through the house electrical wires to make the WIS work.

The manual refers to only CareTaker Plus and Cammander 2000 installation. I was wondering if I can swap out my standard step down AC Power Trnasormer (16.5/VAC Termernals) with the four terminal Line Carrier Power Transformer. I have only seen pics of the Line Carrier and it has four terminals. What are the extra terminals and if compatible with Concord Express, what do I connect to those two extra terminals? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-03, 08:29 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The Concord Express is not compatible. It doesn't matter which transformer you put in, it's not going to work. With Concord panels, you also have to have the Power Line Carrier Card - which the express does not support.

Sorry to tell you, but that siren simply won't work with a Concord EXP - unless you find a way to rig it to the output and use X-10 (which I don't think the siren is compatible with, but I'm not positive about that.) You may find another way to rig it to the output, but you're not going to get it working with just a transformer.

Old 02-23-03, 10:42 PM
sithly
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Should of Have Asked First

Darn. Thanks for the info. It'll be on eBay (where it came from) soon if anyone wants it.

Old 02-23-03, 10:50 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Use my link if you want to place it online for free too. New classifieds, so there's not much traffic yet, but it is free.