Sound Sensor IntelliSense w/Concord

Old 02-23-03, 03:24 AM
sithly
Visiting Guest
Question Sound Sensor IntelliSense w/Concord

Still upgrading my Concord Express alarm. Just got a ITI Sound Sensor IntelliSense (wireless). I've learned the sensor into the alarm...but not sure what sensor Group I should program it into. I've set it to Group 17 (Instant Inerir/PIR motion sensor/Police/Follower/active leverl 3, etc.). Is there a better Sensor Group? I set it to Group 17 instead of 15 cuz I want it only on Away Armed not for Stay Armed.

Are inteliSense FG-700 Glass-Break Simulators fairly cheap (and where to get one) or is there a better way to test glass break dectors?

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-23-03, 08:56 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I typically setup glassbreaks the same as windows (group 13), since they should be armed when the windows are armed - or as a replacement for having sensored windows. You don't have to worry about setting off the sensors yourself, unless you drop a glass or break some glass in some way. They are specially designed to only detect the sound of breaking glass and (if you have the model 60-834-95 Flexguard sensor) they also detect the ultrasonic shock waves coming from breaking glass. If you have it armed only in away mode, you won't be able to use it at night, unless you don't have any motions and just have glassbreaks.

I'm not real clear which glassbreak you have, since there is no Intellisense anymore, it's now Flexguard - which makes me think it's the 60-834-95 - as far as I know that's the only Flexguard/Intellisense that is compatible.

As for testing, you can just trip the tamper if you want to test the signal to the panel. If you want to test the distance to the window/glass, you do have to have a tester. I can get you one if you're interested (~$50, assuming you have the Flexguard sensor.)

Let me know.

Old 02-23-03, 10:38 PM
sithly
Visiting Guest
Model Number

Its the 60-582-10 model (ITI Learn Mode Sound Sensor - Intellisense) in case you were curious. I'll think about the glass break simulater since you seem to say its pretty straight forward self programming.

I programmed it to away armed only cuz I have 3 cats roaming around and I have the alrm on armed to stay most of the time I'm home and throughout the night so accidents can happen (lots of glass vaces on glass selfs/table) and I want to avoid any unnecessary alarms when home, especially at night.

But thanks for the advice/opinions.

Old 02-23-03, 11:03 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I believe that's the older model, it's not even listed in my catalog or online at ITI. It's basically the same as the Flexguard model, though.

The simulator is really easy to use, just press the button (more or less.) You are supposed to set it up for different types of glass, etc., but residential windows are pretty much the same. If you have tempered glass and such, you may have to change some settings, but it all explained in the manual. Real easy to use.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: