iti simon

Old 03-18-03, 05:53 PM
youngricha
Visiting Guest
Question iti simon

I have a ITI SIMON alarm system installed by ADT. The unit worked fine for quite some time but now the audable alarm on the unit does not sound. The unit still functions correctly otherwise. I have had several calls from the monitoring service indicating an alarm condition but we never hear anything in the home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-18-03, 11:58 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You can try opening the unit up to make sure the siren/piezo is connected, but that's probably unnecessary (although easy to do.)

It also could be that option #29 is disabled, but, unless you have the ADT installer code, you wouldn't be able to tell.

ADT has a new deal with GE/ITI on burning panels. I'm guessing you probably have one of these panels, so you can't do much with it. In the past, ADT has been bad about messing with the PROM installed on the board in ITI systems too. So it is possible that the programming on that system is totally different than any Simon I've ever worked on (which is a lot.) Have you tried calling ADT about it? If so, what do they say? If you are under contract make them come out and fix it. If not, find another company to monitor with and save yourself some time, money and headaches.

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: