Ranger American Control Panel

Old 03-26-03, 08:26 AM
fr9080
Visiting Guest
Ranger American Control Panel

I have two problems....
1. I have a Ranger American alarm control panel that I cannot find a model number for, nor do I have any instructions(lost them), The unit is about 12-14 years old.
2. I do not remember my security code and would like to reset it but don't know how to. Can anyone help me in this matter?

Is there a universal code that I can enter to delete any previous codes and then reset the code with a new one?

Thanks

Old 03-26-03, 10:29 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Most Ranger American panels are DSC 1550 or 1555. My guess is 1550, being that old. In that case, there is a way to reset it. But you will need the manual to reprogram it. See below. The manual also explains how to default the panel and gives you the default installer code, but it's probably been changed, so you will have to "hardware" default the panel - easy enough.

Good luck!

Old 03-26-03, 12:04 PM
fr9080
Visiting Guest
Thanks, I have downloaded a user manual from one of the sites you recommended. I will be reprogramming my control panel this weekend. Thanks for the information. I at least have something to go with now.

Old 08-25-06, 04:48 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SafeWatch
Most Ranger American panels are DSC 1550 or 1555. My guess is 1550, being that old. In that case, there is a way to reset it. But you will need the manual to reprogram it. See below. The manual also explains how to default the panel and gives you the default installer code, but it's probably been changed, so you will have to "hardware" default the panel - easy enough.

Good luck!
american ranger alarm ... i told my builder not to add a system into my home(house is less than 3 years old)... the alarm company did anyway.... never have bought a service.... issue is that don't have master code to reset the chimes on the doors/windows.... would like to have the web site for the manual to reset everything...i think my model is PC1555RKZ

thanks in advance

Old 08-25-06, 05:30 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 115 Votes on 106 Posts
If the system was never configured beyond the basics, the master code is probably still 1234.

The default _installer_ code is 5555, but that's likely been changed, and I don't know RA's installer code.

For a user manual simply go to www.dsc.com.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: