Privacy

Old 04-15-03, 08:36 AM
johnlll
Visiting Guest
Privacy

About a year ago I was on my deck one evening and the light went on in my neighbors attic visible through the roof vent. He/she spent maybe half an hour trying to bend one of the slats in the vent.

I can only Assume that he installed a camera, probably a 10x type. This neighbor cannot possibly see much, if any, of his own yard since he is shoting over his garage roof.

I understand this is legal but it has bothered me for the past year and I want to find out if I am right. What equipment do I have to buy to intercept this signal ? If they are infact monitoring my family in the backyard I might just make a tape and send it to my other neighbors. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-03, 09:44 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There was a post about using "something" from Radio Shack to intercept the signal. I'll be honest, I have no idea what it is (good project for today.) I'll do some research online and let you know what I find out.

Now, here's the thing, if they are recording anything in your yard, they are breaking the law, plain and simple. If I were you, I might even go so far as to hire a professional to find out what's going on. There are plenty of Anti-Spy companies out there (most of them deal with large companies sniffing out bugs and the such.) For something this simple they may not charge very much (and they probably know how to pick up on those X-10 frequencies.) Not to mention, if you prosecute, you could recuperate those costs. Privacy is a very big issue these days. Do some research on the net about what is and what isn't legal. In the mean time, I'll see what I can turn up on the cams (been meaning to do that anyway.)

Good luck!

Old 04-16-03, 08:37 AM
johnlll
Visiting Guest
Thanks

Safewatch, thanks for the reply! The issue is an irrating but I do not want to hire spy detectors or sue. I was hoping to find a box to comfirm my assumptions.

If you happen on to anything I would appreciate knowing. BTW, I thought I saw a TV show that said the vedio spying was ok but audio was not legal. In any case the legal aspect is not important to me. I just though I just thought I would embarass them if they do have a hidden camera. Thanks again!