remote monitoring

Old 04-17-03, 12:07 AM
lajb
Visiting Guest
remote monitoring

Hi, just joined the forum and like what I see. My question is concerning monitoring a remote location. Myself and other people in the area have remote properties that we would like to monitor via video recording. Knowing that digital cameras are quickly becoming the norm, I was wondering if there are any camera systems out there that use hard drive technology to record events from the digital camera? Perhaps a simple system in which you don't need a computer at the actual location for it to record, but in which you can simply attach to a computer for downloading and reviewing. With a growing number a thefts happening at these remote locations, and no suspects caught, our goal is simply identifying the culprits. The reason I am looking into hard drive technology is that it is quickly becoming cheap and is already digital and therefore computer ready. Has anyone tried making a system like this?

Old 04-17-03, 07:30 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Crow Electronics has exactly what you're looking for - the MemoCam. Basically, this is a video camera disguised as a motion detector. It records pictures to a MultiMedia Card, for later review.

You could also use the MemoWave recorder with traditional security cameras. It has 3 inputs and also records to MMC. However, you would have to have either a PC close-by when you want to review, or swap out the MMC's.

Take a look at http://www.crowelec.com/video.html for these and other options. And let me know if I can be of any help finding these products for you.

If you have a cheap Pentium computer or just an old computer you don't need anymore, the CrowJet USB could also be considered. It's a little pricey though (~$500) and that's just for the USB card.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: