Questions about Concord Express

Old 06-18-03, 09:16 AM
georgeandpat
Visiting Guest
Questions about Concord Express

I have 2 questions please. 1. Can I install more than one touchpad to the system? There is a reference to "4 Bus Devices" on the panel cover. 2. What does "follower" mean in the delay column of table A-3? I "learned" a PIR motion into the system in group 15 and it went into alarm in the "stay" mode. I was assuming that it shouldn't and now think maybe it should be assigned group 20. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-03, 08:53 PM
JM1
Visiting Guest
The answer to your first question is yes. You can have 4 keypads attached in parallel to the system. I do not know the answer to your second question.

I have a question of my own. When arming or disarming the system with a wireless key fob from outside the house, would I get any status beep confirmation that the system has been armed or disarmed?

Thanks.

Old 06-21-03, 07:35 PM
georgeandpat
Visiting Guest
Thank you JM1.

Old 06-21-03, 08:17 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you notice in the installation manual in the Sensor Type reference table - a Type 15 is an Instant Interior that is a follower (which simply means that if a delay door is opened, then this sensor will "follow" that delay), but in the Active Levels it <i>is</i> armed in the 2 (stay) and 3 (away) levels. So, what you want is exactly the same thing, but only armed in the 3 (away) level. Look down 2 rows at Type 17 - this is typically the way the motions on an ITI system are programmed.

Sorry for the long explanation, but I wanted you to not only know that it's supposed to be 17, but <i>why</i> it's supposed to be 17.

If you look at 20, it is almost the same as 17, but it has a delay on it. In other words, it doesn't "follow" a door, but if someone comes in a window then the motion will be delayed for your specified delay time before alarming (just like a delay door will.) Use 17 for best results.

The Concord Express does support up to 4 additional Bus Devices (this includes Touchpads, input and output modules, and all other SuperBus 2000 modules).

JM1 to answer your question, there is not a "Confirmation of Arming Ding" from the siren on the Concord Express. However, your keypads should be beeping when the system is armed or disarmed. If you want a louder beep or confirmation from a siren, you could change your exterior siren to an interior siren (this would make it chirp whenever the keypad beeps - could get annoying.) You could also wire in a separate piezo siren that would beep when the system armed or disarmed - you would have to connect it to a programmed output and setup the output for arm/disarm activation.

Good luck guys!

Old 06-21-03, 11:16 PM
JM1
Visiting Guest
Thanks, Brandon. You are great! It looks like I will be buying a Concord system from you soon.

Old 06-24-03, 07:56 PM
georgeandpat
Visiting Guest
Thank you Brandon. I just got back in town and read your reply. I've read your responses to many other questions also and must say how impressed I am with your knowledge and helpfulness.