Couple of questions!

Old 06-27-03, 10:20 AM
jabaroon
Visiting Guest
Couple of questions!

Hi All,

I am attempting to learn more about alarms so that I can install my own system. I have purchased some second hand equipment and an 'playing' with it on the 'bench' before I go and purchase the real thing and attempt an install!

I am using an 'Aritech' CD61 panel (few years old, but similar in design etc... to the actual 'Aritech' panel that I intend to install)

I have a couple of questions that you might be able to help me with....

- One of the connectors on the PCB is called "Bell Hold Off". What is this and what does it do?

- Right beside the bell hold off connector is another called "Self-Activating Bell Tamper Loop". What is this for?

- When wiring PIR's, where do you normally take the power supply from? Surely not from the transformer? The panel in question does not have any AUX outputs for power. I have examined a similar panel installation and it would appear that the power is coming from the External Bell outputs. This doesn't make sence to me! Can some one help!

Thanks,
Jab

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-03, 05:07 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I'll help as much as I can, but I've never worked on an Aritech before, or really done much research on them.

Bell Hold Off - No clue

Self-Activating Bell Tamper Loop - Just a guess, it is similar to a siren supervisory (if someone cuts the bell line, then the system sends a signal to the central station) - again, just guessing

PIR's are typically wired in at the same power source as a keypad would be. Some systems use a shared Common for peripheral devices (including sirens), so that may be why it "looked" like the motion was wired in with the siren. It's also possible that the siren on that particular panel (the one you were looking at) uses an Open Collector Programmable Output to start the siren (this basically means that the siren always has +12V, but only in an alarm has a Common - the programmable output.)

Again, with most of this I'm just guessing since I've never acutally looked at or worked on one of these panels.