Brinks BHS-2000C motion sensor

Old 07-09-03, 07:47 PM
jasono
Visiting Guest
Question Brinks BHS-2000C motion sensor

I have had a BHS-2000C alarm system for over 5 years. I got into my attic the other day, and tripped over the wires going to the motion sensor. I cannot figure out where the normally closed wire or the common wire to the relays connect to the circuit board.
If anyone knows where these two wires connect, please let me know. I already have the other two wires connected to zone 3 properly. The alarm will work as is, but the motion is totally dead.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-03, 07:27 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ok, first of all, you're going about this all wrong - let's start by powering down the system completely (unplug the transformer and disconnect a leg of the battery in the panel.)

Now that we have no power to any of the components, let's work on the motion - for one thing, the relay (N/C and Common wires) on the motion goes to your Zone 3 (or whatever zone you want that motion on.) That is normally the green and yellow (maybe white) wires. The other wires (or the Red and Black wires) are for power, so the red wire will connect to the panels AUX+ (or positive auxiliary wire) and the Black will connect to the Panel Common or AUX- or whatever Brinks likes to call it. The red/black wires <i>do not</i> go to the zone terminals.

If that doesn't make any sense, your best bet is to call Brinks and have them come out and repair it for you.

Good luck!

Old 07-13-03, 04:30 PM
jasono
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Thanks Brandon

Your instructions worked perfect. Saved me a $45 service call to fix the stupid thing. Of course Brinks called when I powered off my system, so anyone using this to fix their own alarm, call the service provider first and tell them you are working on it.

THANKS

Old 07-13-03, 04:42 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No problem, glad it worked out ok. Wow, $45?? That's not bad at all for a service call. Usually you're looking at at least $60-75 (but this really depends on the area you are in too.)

BTW, if you ever want to reprogram that system to another company (of course, only after your lease is up), let me know, I have a programmer for the BHS-2000.