Brinks door sensor / magnet

Old 07-28-03, 04:01 PM
S
stoner
Visiting Guest
Brinks door sensor / magnet

I have a door that is binding. I will need to remove the magnet / sensor in the door ( not the wired portion ). This sensor is inserted into the top of the door pretty tiight. How do I remove this sensor so that I can replace it after I trim the door down a little ? The sensor is white in color, round about the size of a dime.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-03, 08:09 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yep, that's the magnet part of the sensor you're talking about. There's really only one way to remove the magnet if it's stuck in there tight - with force. I usually use a small, flat-head screwdriver (something small enough to squeeze in beside the magnet) and pry them out. If you're lucky, it won't be glued in (knowing Brinks - it's probably not.) All I can tell is to keep working with it until it slides out.

If you want to see what you're working with - take a look <a href="http://safewatchservice.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/61_34_44/products_id/155">here</a>. Click on the picture to the right to get a better view. Like you say, the part you are working with is the one that is not wired, the piece on the left in the pic. It's nothing more than a round piece of plastic housing a magnet, so there are no screws, nothing to hold it in but friction.

Just keep working on it - it will slide out sooner or later. You could also try drilling a hole in the top of it (a small one) and putting a screw in to it to pull it out, but that really shouldn't be necessary.

Good luck!

Old 07-29-03, 10:16 AM
S
stoner
Visiting Guest
Thanks.