concord express programing question

Old 07-31-03, 03:00 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
concord express programing question

Installed the replacement Concord Express unit yesterday.
I need to program 2 of the hardwires zones with 45 second entry/ exit delays, the rest no delay.
Can someone help please?

Delay zones would be, zones 1,4.

thanks

mr bill

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-03, 07:35 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hello Bill,

What you'll want to do is change the Entry and Exit delays in the "Timers" menu under "Partition 1" - I think you have to set it to 48 secs though, it goes in 12 second increments - if I remember correctly.

Then in the "Sensors" menu under "Edit Sensors", make sure you have zones 1 and 4 setup as 10 (entry/exit zones) and make sure your other zones are setup as 13 (perimeter zones) - also, if you have a motion, set it up as 17 (interior follower) - this will cause it to be delayed only if a delay door is opened first. If you've deleted your zones from programming, no problem, just add them as 10's and 13's.

That should do it.

Good luck!

Old 08-01-03, 02:44 AM
M
Brandon
I changed the system code to 4321. Worked fine.
Then went in and changed the sensor entry exit times and sensor types. This worked fine. Then I tried to enter a user code01. However, everytime I try to do this it goes between time/date, options, system id, exit programming. The user code option went away.What am I doing wrong?

Oh, I tested the sensors, all were fine. I then tried to test the alarm and the loudspeaker the old system had only clicks very rapidly. I assume the dual tone siren I purchased from you this morning to replace the loudspeaker will take care of this problem.

mr bill

Old 08-01-03, 08:27 AM
S
Hello Bill,

Yeah, the dual tone siren is the one you need. The old one requires a siren driver to work. You could probably wire up the old siren driver (unless it's built in to the panel), but it's probably more trouble than it's worth.

As for the code, it sounds like you may have just added the Regular Code 00 as 4321 - try your 1234 again and see if that gives you the Code options. Then, when you want to change the Master Code, make sure you go to System Master in the codes menu. Check the Reg Code 00 - I'll bet it's 4321.

Let me know how that works. Siren's on the way.

Old 08-01-03, 08:51 AM
M
what I did was go to page 9 of the user's manual, under system master code.
I entered 9 1 2 3 4 4 3 2 1 #. Then * 4 #.
I then set the time and clock. Then touchpad brightness.

The sensors were then edited and entry/exit times changed.
Then I tried to enter a user code01. That is when I could no
longer get the user code option.

Old 08-01-03, 09:09 AM
S
Ok, if you entered 9 - 1232 - 4321 - # then that wouldn't have changed the Master Code. When you enter 9 (Menu), then the Master Code (1234) it takes you into the User Menu. You have to go to the User Code options (the one you can't find now) to change any codes. The manual gives a shortcut for doing this, but I always use the scroll buttons and */# to get to it (I don't need anymore numbers to remember.)

So it sounds like to me your Master Code should still be 1234 (since it was not properly changed to begin with.) Try the 9 - 1234 again and see if that takes you to the menu. Also, have you changed the Installer Code yet? And, if so, what did you change it to? It should be different than the Master Code and User Codes.

Let me know how that goes.

Old 08-01-03, 09:26 AM
M
Do I need to enter an installer code?

I was under the assumption that all I needed to change was the
Master Code and then maybe a Regular Code?

mr bill

Old 08-01-03, 01:28 PM
S
No, it's not necessary for operation of the system. The default is 4321, so that may be the problem you're having.

Try this:
Go into Installer Programming - 8 4321 00 and change the Installer Code to a different number - like the last four of your phone number or something.
Then exit programming and go back to the menu using 4321 - that should let you change codes.

I think what has happened is that you have 2 codes (Master Code and Installer Code) as the same number - the Installer Code takes priority in this situation. If you change the Installer Code, you should be ok.

Let me know if that works.

Old 08-02-03, 04:48 AM
M
I will try what you say above today.
After doing some more intense reading of the manual I see that I screwed myself by using 4321. If I had known not to use this number I wouldn't have the following situation.

Yesterday I tried to change the code, no good. I then armed the system which did work. However, I could not disarm the system.
I tried everything I could. I then went and pulled the plug on the main board. Turning it back on the system reads the sensors and then goes into at home secure mode. The only other thing I can change is the date. I have since then pulled the plug again.
Looking in the installer manual I think I found that the installer
code can arm the system but cannot disarm it.
DUH.

So I will try changing the installer code. If this does not work is there a "hidden" way to reboot the whole system? I will then go thru and not use 1234 or 4321 anywhere.
The way the keyboard was unresponsive was most disconcerting.

mr bill

Old 08-04-03, 02:33 AM
M
the system is exactly as before.
I will look at the board today after work and try the fix you sent to me. I take it the unit has to be powered up in order for it
to be reset, right?

Thanks for your help on this.

mr bill

Old 08-04-03, 08:04 AM
S
Yeah, sorry, I left out that part - power down, then cross the 2 solder points, then apply AC power back to the board.

If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to send the board back to me. I should be able to fix it.

Old 08-04-03, 12:29 PM
M
Brandon
Tried the eprom fix.
Made no difference what-so-ever.
Time to yank the board and send it back?

If you can contact ITI it would be my first choice over sending the board back but I will send it back ASAP.

If you want it back please direct me to a return address/ procedure.

mr bill