NAPCO Gemini GEM-P1632

Old 08-11-03, 09:53 PM
Captain K
Visiting Guest
Question NAPCO Gemini GEM-P1632

My house was pre-installed with the above system by the builder but I have decided not to use the assigned contractor because it would require signing up a monitoring service which I don't want. I do have the programming instruction manual and have a few questions:

1. How do I get or reset the dealer code if the default one does not work?
2. What systems can I use with it for wireless expansion?
3. Do I really need the Napco computer interface to program the unit or can I do without it?

I have no prior knowledge of electronic security systems but have fundamental electronic and software programming knowledge. I would appreciate any advice from the expereince of this Forum, sending personal message or directly to my e-mail as appropriate.

THANK YOU!

Last edited by Captain K; 08-11-03 at 10:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-03, 11:03 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I'm not a Napco expert, but I do have the manuals and I have worked on a few. Just at a first glance through the manual, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to reset the panel - you could always try the default installer code to see if maybe it will work (don't get too excited - they're usually changed.)

So, your other options are to make the installing company change the access codes for you - it <i>is</i> your system, you bought it with the house. Again, don't count on it. So, I would go to the builder and have him work out something - refund the cost of the system (so you can purchase a new one), have him talk to the installing company - if they want his business, they may actually listen to him.

More than likely you're going to have to replace the panel and keypad(s) - and possibly put in some contacts, if they are not already in. I highly recommend the ITI Concord Express - easy to install, easy to program, and easy to use. You can get a good package for around $200 that will have everything you need to install and program your system.

Either way, I would make sure you don't pay for a system that does you no good. Whatever you do, don't sign a contract!!!

Good luck! Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.