Codes For Simon 2

Old 09-26-03, 11:07 PM
Nazhir007
Visiting Guest
Codes For Simon 2

Like Wisegrape, I too had a door sensor failure. Originally, the security company that I go through had a technician talk me through removing my front door sensor over the phone. Since then, I got an estimate on putting a new one on and they quoted me $200. I thought that that was a little ridiculous, so began researching doing it myself.

I bought a new sensor from E-bay for $20 and went to install it, but I could not get a code that would give me access to install/remove sensors. I tried all of the codes on Wisegrape's post(0000, 4321, 6321, 1234, and 5432) in addition to my master code, but none worked. I also tried calling the security company back and asked to speak to a technician, but they said that they would have to come and do it for a charge of $50 + labor.

Are there any additional default factory codes that I can try, or am I stuck with calling the security company back?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-03, 08:17 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The installer code is unique to each company - so if you don't have their code, you're pretty much SOL.

There is one other option - defaulting the panel and reprogramming. But, you'll have to have your account # and the receiver # to do this (or else you won't be monitored.) IOW, you'll end up calling them in the end to come out and service the system anyway, might as well just let them do it now.

BTW, there is no <i>labor</i> involved in adding a door sensor to the system (even if they did put it up for you - there's only 2 screws in them.) I would say pay them the $50 and, if you own the system (look at your paperwork very carefully to find out), then have them unlock the system for someone else to program and work on for you.

Good luck!

Old 10-07-03, 12:09 PM
Airickf
Visiting Guest
Simon 3 codes?

I have the same problem but I have the Simon 3. Ive tried all the mentioned codes and they didn't work. All I want to do is add a sensor. The alarm service said they would have to install it and they wouldn't give me the code. Anyway, I'm going to have them install it and at the same time watch over the installers shoulder to get the code. Maybe perhaps set up a pinhole camera . I don't see why they wont give me the code. I own the equipment.

Old 10-07-03, 07:49 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I don't see why they wont give me the code. I own the equipment.
Are you sure about that? Better read the agreement - some companies actually finance your equipment through the monitoring company - others lease it out, you never actually own it (Brinks is popular for doing this.)

Not to mention the warranty - if your system is under warranty, you working on it (and having the code) may void that warranty.