Ademco Vista 20p panel

Old 10-01-03, 07:56 PM
pdcurr
Visiting Guest
Ademco Vista 20p panel

I just purchased this system for diy. Maybe a mistake. Here's what I have. A building with 1 door and six windows. I'm confused about the connection for zones in the panel. The resistors have got me puzzled. Where, or do they even come in to play. NEED HELP!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-03, 07:30 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The resistors are for zone loop supervision (to make sure no one shorts the wire, bypassing the contacts; or just to let you know if you have a short in the wire somewhere.) Some installers (good installers) will put them at the End-of-the-Line (EOL) of the zone loop - where they are most effective. Some installers (not necessarily bad installers, usually just lazy) will install them inside the panel on each loop - btw, they do absolutely no good there.

However, on Ademco panels, they must be installed somewhere in the zone loop and they must be in series on Normally Closed loops (like door/window contacts, motions, etc.) and they must be in parallel to Normally Open loops (like smokes and some glassbreak detectors.) Since you have to put them in anyway, you might as well put them at the EOL (ie: if you have 3 windows in series, put the resistor at the very last contact in the loop), this will ensure the best supervision on the zone.

You only need 1 resistor per zone loop (<i>not</i> per contact.)

Good luck!